In order to improve their English-outside the classroom-students are recommended to
- read simplified Novels ,plays and poems with the help of the dictionary [ this is what is called extensiveReading.]
- Students had better use a monolingual dictionary instead of a bilingual one.
- Watch news and films in English on some famous channels like fox movies and BBC news.
- Listen to English songs for singers like celine Dion, Dolly Parton, Roxette, Madona,Phil Collins and others .
- Visit some websites for teaching English as a foreign Language like www.englishtown.com and www.kidzone.com.
- Students should listen to the native speakers of English [on the radio, TV,……]
b- Inside the class, students are strongly advised to
* Listen carefully to the teacher and ask him to clarify any ambiguities in the lesson.
* The student should be self-reliant in his learning process.[ use the dictionary, visit
Websites outside for more clarification, ask friends and family …..]
- Work together with the help of classmates.
- Prepare Talks about various topics and give them in the classroom